Thursday, May 29, 2008

Sleep Deprivation & Perspective

I've been struggling with sleep deprivation for some time now. Havilah is a beautiful, happy, but high maintenance baby. She reminds me of Pierce, our firstborn, who got me into babywearing & co-sleeping in the first place. Anyway, I was frustrated by Pierce waking me up this morning to tattle on Jaden. And then once again woken up from a nap today by Jaden waking me to ask me what he should eat (he knows what he can eat when I'm napping with Havilah!) With enough sleep under my belt, perhaps I would have been patient and understanding - they're just kids. But my eye has been twitching for two days and I've felt like I'm at the bottom of the barrel : ) I was praying after I vented my frustration to the boys. I felt like I blew it. This video crossed my path a few minutes later - a fitting answer to my prayer. I'm thankful for the perspective it gave me - and what a beautiful story. These days are hard (very hard!!), but I'm so thankful for these blessings that are so much work!